Swinging Patio Doors
- Essex 4-7/8” All Vinyl Frame
- Lifetime Warranty
- Low-E Glass, Argon Gas and Super Spacer – “Energy Star” Compliant
- Five Point Multi-Point Locking System
- Unique Handle Set with Integrated Key Locks - Available in White, Black, Satin Nickel, Polished Brass & Oil Bronze
- Heavy Gauge Extruded Maintenance Free Vinyl
- Inswing or Outswing Configurations with Adjustable Hinges
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Sash Reinforcement
- 2”x 5” Fusion Welded Sash Panels with 1” Tempered Insulated Glass
- Optional: Retractable Screen System Available
- Optional: Brickmould & Jamb Extensions Available
Vinylguard Patio Doors are available in a wide spectrum of exterior colours that perfectly match all Vinylguard Door Products. The exterior colour process features superior adhesion, U.V. stability and impact resistance. Computer matched custom painted colours are also available.
Decorative Grills are sealed between the panes of glass making them absolutely maintenance free. Personalize your home with any of the wide variety of grill types, colours and sizes that Vinylguard has to offer, whether it be a colonial, traditional or heritage design or create a design of your very own to add that perfect, distinctive finishing touch to your home.
Simulated Divided Lites (S.D.L.)
These give a whole new dimension to your home with Vinylguard's superbly accented contoured SDL Grills. The look of a divided lite while maintaining the efficiency levels of a single sealed unit. SDL Grills can be made to just about any design imaginable and come in all of Vinylguard's exterior colour selections.
- No Exposed Cords
- Easy Fingertip Operation
- No Dusting
Internal Mini-Blinds offer maximum visibility, complete privacy & everything in between with the touch of a finger. Simply slide the easy to use lever to raise, lower or tilt the mini-blinds. The mini-blinds are positioned then sealed between the insulated glass unit which makes them completely maintenance free.
(Victorian, Buckingham, Newcastle, Essex & Muskoka Only).
LowE Glass (Standard)
Almost 3/4 of total heat loss in a standard window occurs because the warm inner pane of a double glazed window readily emits heat to the cooler outside pane.
LowE glass disrupts that transfer of heat loss and improves the insulating value in the winter by approximately 50%. LowE glass also reduces solar heat gain in the summer by the same amount, approximately 50% over standard clear glass. These energy savings will contribute significantly at reducing energy costs.
LowE glass also filters out nearly twice as much of the damaging UV radiation than clear glass, helping to prevent fading to draperies, flooring and furnishings.
LowE glass will not just save you money, it will help to maintain a uniform comfort level throughout your home all year long.
As of March 2007 the Ontario Building Code was changed to include LowE Glass & Argon Gas in all windows and sliding doors for New Home Construction
Argon Gas (Standard)
The air is removed from between the panes of glass in a sealed unit and replaced with Argon Gas which is a clear, odorless inert gas that reduces conduction heat loss, and has a lower conductivity than air which also reduces heat transfer by approximately 30%, thus improving the U-Value and energy efficiency of the sealed unit. Argon Gas also reduces convection losses because it is heavier than air and it will suppress gas movement between the panes of glass, again resulting in higher energy efficiency.
Super Spacer (Standard)
As of September 1st, 2010 Vinylguard’s standard insulated glass offering will include Super Spacer.
Edgetech’s Super Spacer technology is a dual-seal system that is known in the industry for its exceptional lifespan, effective thermal performance, as well as flexibility for units of all shapes and sizes.
The structural adhesive plus perimeter edge moisture vapor seal equals the most reliable insulating glass unit on the market today. Vinylguard’s window and patio door systems will feature this industry leading spacer system.
- Less-conductive spacer provides optimized energy savings
- Enhances environmental comfort and health near windows
- Fights condensation and mold like no other spacer
- More durable spacer creates a more sustainable window
- White Super Spacer finish complements the attractive appearance of Vinylguard’s window systems
Tempered Glass (Standard)
Tempered glass is approximately 10X stronger against impact than conventional glass. If broken, tempered glass will shatter into very small fragments reducing the chance of personal injury dramatically. For any reason if the location of a window is a safety factor tempered glass may be the solution needed for peace of mind.
Twin Point Lock
- Heavy Duty lock and latch system that locks at two points on the door frame
- Available with all handles
Guardian Security Lock
- Mounts at the top of the operating door
- Security bolt locks into top door frame
- Door cannot operate when bolt is engaged and locked into position
Kick Lock (2 positions)
- Mounts at the bottom of the operating door
- Allows for ventilation in the open position
- Adds a secondary lock in the closed position
- Mounts on the fixed side of door frame
- Bar folds down and locks into position
- Door cannot operate when bar is down in lock position